Detailed instructions can be found here: employee info center -> Direct Deposit
You can manage direct deposit directly within the employee portal.
- Select “Pay”
- Select “Direct Deposit“
- Client the “Add Account” button
- Follow the on-screen instructions (See Below)
- *Finish by clicking “Add” at the bottom of the screen.
From there you can verify your pay preferences and update any accounts. Adjustments can be made at any time.
* Please note, any changes will require a "pre-note" or test deposit to take place before the updates are live. This may take 7-10 business days to occur depending on your bank.
Options to chose how much to deposit:
- Percentage – this is when you would like to have a percentage of your check go into one account or possibly into multiple! You can do a small amount like 5% or a large amount like 75%.
- Fixed – this is when you would like to have a certain FIXED amount of money be deposited into your account on pay day. Let’s say you would like to have $100 go into a savings account or even a separate checking account, this is how you would execute that easily. It is also helpful if you would like to avoid the hassle of transferring into different accounts on pay day.
- Remainder – this often confuses employees. This is either if you would like your FULL check to go into one account or when you have other account(s) on file and don’t want to possibly miscalculate. You may have an extra account like the fixed example above but don’t know how much you will be getting paid each pay period, so this eliminates any confusion and just lets the remainder of the check go into the account listed.